Reformer and Apparatus Classes
Our apparatus based classes are the fastest way to get long, lean muscles, with a stronger core, increased range of motion, and while alleviating pain, stress, and tired muscles. Pure Movement has state-of-the-art equipment from Balanced Body, including six reformers, one full trapeze table, four chairs, two CoreAligns, and numerous props and assistants. With such a wide array of options, Pure Movement is able to help and work with all body types, young or old, athlete or not, to suit their personal needs.
Reformer classes can be purchased in a package of 10 for $220 ($22 ea.), 5 for $135 ($27 ea.), or a single for $32.
Pilates on the mat is the floor work version of the Pilates method. Mat classes take place in a group class setting and use your body weight as the primary use of resistance.
All movements are precise originating from your “core” or deepest abdominal muscles that stabilize and support your spine, pelvis and posture. Stretching and strengthening movements result in a more flexible spine with ideal posture and movement of the body.
Classes focus around the nine key Pilates principle methods (breathing, concentration, control, centering, precision, balanced muscle development, rhythm/flow, whole body movement, and relaxation) with modifications and alternations to fit each student’s individual needs.
Many benefits include:
- Improved posture
- Longer, leaner more flexible muscles while building strength
- Heightened body awareness and a greater sense of well-being
- Increased core strength and stability
- Improved balance and co-ordination
- Creation of an evenly conditioned body-preventing injury
- Reduces stress and produces clarity of thought
- Increases lung capacity and circulation
- Strengthening of the back by building support and strength in the abdominals
- Increased range of motion
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activities